Bennett Self Levelling Trim Tab Kit (499/SLT10)
Complete SLT10 Semi Fixed - 3 Position Screw Down Tabs - 10 x 10 Inch
Suits Small Boats 4.5 to 6m - Ideal for Tinnies and Rigid Bottom Inflatables
Now you can have the durability of a Bennett trim tab system with a simple, quick and easy installation.
There is nothing to do inside the boat - only the mounting of two actuators and two tabs at the transom.
No power or hydraulics needed.
It is an affordable, simple solution for small boats from 10 to 18ft (3m to 5.5 metres). Quick and easy installtion - no template required.
You can change the position of the actuator with the adjustable mounting options that are available on the tab.
Why Have Tabs? As your boat slows from maximum speed, it begins to settle at the stern or “squat,” creating an inefficient, untrimmed condition. At this attitude you use more fuel to drive the boat.
As the boat pushes forward, it creates a “hill of water.” In this bow-high position, visibility is limited and the hull bottom is pounded. Also because of significant hull drag and extreme prop angle, fuel economy is poor.
You can improve the performance of your boat through properly sized tabs that:
- Get you up on plane quickly
- Increase top speed
- Allow you to plane at speeds lower than designed planing speed
- Reduce porpoising
- Less drag and engine laboring, which translates into increased performance, greater speed, and reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced pounding, which means greater comfort
- You get a better ride while the SLT does all the work.
- Installing a Bennett SLT System can be done with just a few tools and in less than an hour.
How do they work? - The SLT reacts instantly to boat speed and water pressure by adding trim when it’s needed. At slower speeds, when the boat is trying to get on plane, the actuators hold the trim tabs down, which lifts the stern and simultaneously puts the boat at planing attitude. On plane, and as the boat’s speed increases, water pressure pushes the tabs up.
The SLT tab kits have three hole positions on the trim tab so that the actuator angle may be manually adjusted for optimum lift pressure and performance.
The supplied mounting bracket installed under the actuator lower hinge covers the holes that are not used.
SLT Kits have Three Mounting Positions to Change Lift
(Just select the appropriate bolt holes to use).
Your SLT Kit Includes:
- 1 pair of Stainless Steel Tabs (14 gauge awith Bennett's interlocking hinge)
- 1 pair of Strong Flexible Composite Actuators
- All Stainless steel hardwrae (no plastic)
- Bennett's no-hassle 5 year warranty